Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Plum & Copper Eyes

Hi Everyone,

Creating a new look and playing around with different colours is my thing!

I have worn glasses since the beginning of time and always balanced out my bespectacled face with a bold lip-colour. Not that it isn’t interesting, but I wanted to do something different with my eyes too.

Somewhere last year I began experimenting with eye makeup and gosh! I realized there was so much I could do…with or without glasses on! I will soon be coming up with eye makeup for glass wearers, but read on to see what I did when I was wearing lenses that day. You could definitely rock this look with glasses too!



This is what I did -
  1. Once my base was done, I primed my eyes. (Read my post on how to cheat on eye primer with lip gloss, here).
  2. I dusted my moving eye-lid area with a Plum shade. I used CoverGirl eyeshadow quad in Dynamite Drama 223.

3. I warmed up my crease area with a Copper shade. I used Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks eye shadow in Copper.


4. I blended these 2 shades together with an Oriflame eyeshadow brush. I don’t have the blending brush, but this one serves the purpose. Keep blending, until the 2 colours seem to blend seamlessly into one another. 

5. I highlighted my brow bone using a matte White shade from the same CoverGirl quad.Next, I applied my eyeliner using Miss ClaireArtist Pen Eyeliner and winged it out a bit.


6. To finish off the eyes, I used Lakme Eyeconic Kajal in Brown to line the outer 2/3rd of the eyes and a white eye pencil from a local brand to line the inner 1/3rd.

Lastly, I used MaybellineColor Sensational Moisture Extreme lipstick in Bronze Orange as my lipstick. It comes off as a beautiful nude on me and remains understated so that the eyes do all the talking!




Hope you guys liked this look! Please do recreate it sometime and send me pictures! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment