Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Budget Friendly Under-eye Gels - Current Favourites

Hey Everyone! 

I love doing Reviews but I love to share 'Favourites' even more, because rather than just telling you what's new in the market, I love to tell you what I have used & has worked for me. So in my post today, I want to share with you, my favourite Under-eye Gels :-) 




I never had an issue in the past with dark circles or fine lines. Later, moving to a new city, new job, erratic timings and then a brand new chapter in my life, my baby :) everything started showing up signs of fatigue & stress on my under eyes. I developed dark circles and fine lines In the under-eye area. I didn't take them that seriously and used the same moisturizer that I used for my face, on my eye area.

Its only about 2 yrs ago that I realized it ain't doing anything for me. I needed something specific to the eye area as the skin there was more thinner as compared to the rest of my face. Something gentler, yet packed with hydration! So I tried a couple of new under-eye creams and here are 2 that have really shown results -

1. Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel -

I preferred a gel over any cream based product because of my oily, acne prone skin. This was my very first under-eye product and I was a little skeptical about it. 



The colourless gel is absolutely cooling & really soothes the skin. Since it's a gel and makes the under-eye a bit oily before it's completely absorbed, its best used at night, before going to bed. I'm not sure if it works that way for anyone else, but I had better sleep thanks to the soothing, cool gel on my eyes. I sometimes pop the tube into the fridge for about 10 mins before application & gosh! my eyes think they're in a SPA!! 



It does have the faintest scent to it, but it's never bothered me that much; you might not even get the scent lol I just happened to take a whiff of it, consciously for the sake of the review. 

Consistent use of the Aroma Magic Under-eye Gel has definitely helped me reduce fine lines, to a certain extent. I didn't see any significant change in the dark circles though :-) but I'm not writing this off so soon. I love this product even if it does only half of what it claims. It's absolutely travel-friendly and I know I wont skip on it even when I'm away from home. The tube I'm using is almost over now, but I'm sure at Rs.135 I will definitely get this again.

2. Iraya Manjishtha Eye Contour Gel –

I received this gel as a part of my subscription box & have been absolutely loving it ever since! This brownish orange gel contains Ayurvedic ingredients which are known to have health & skin benefits.



Manjishtha is said to improve blood circulation -  no wonder I don't see much puffiness in my eyes in the morning; while Lavender oil softens and moisturizes the skin - aah! another reason why I sleep better...Lavender!!!




Priced at Rs.395/- it may be more expensive as compared to the Aroma Magic gel, but I've definitely seen better results with this one. With a sturdy glass tub packaging, it might not be travel friendly, but a good bed-side companion for your eyes, when you're at home. It does have quite a strong scent to it & if you have an extra-sensitive nose or have skin that gets easily irritated with scented products then this one's not for you :-) 

Swatches - 


(L - R) : Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel
& Iraya Manjishtha Eye Contour Gel

Overall, I'd say I was lucky enough to find 2 eye products which were easy on the pocket & worked best for me. I alternate between them every two three days now & I must say I'm pretty happy with how they're working for me. 

Hope this post helped in some little way, if you're in the market for an under-eye product. Let me know in the comments below about your favourite eye creams and I'd love to try them out sometime. 

Until the next post, Ciao!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Neha
    Amazing post. I'm very tempted to try the aroma magic eye gel. If you like under eye gels you should definitely try the biotique seaweed eye gel. That's my absolute fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh nice! Thanks for the recommendation!! Will surely try....great timing actually since I'm soon to finish the Aroma Magic Under eye gel :-)

      Delete